Gibraltar Non-Resident company.
Gibraltar companies are not always considered resident for tax in Gibraltar. If a Gibraltar Company is able to establish that it is “Non-Resident Controlled”, the Gibraltar Tax Authorities will treat such a Company as not liable for taxation in Gibraltar. Such “non-liability” may be determined on the following basis:
– That the Beneficial Owners of a Company are non-residents of Gibraltar
– That the Directors and Shareholders of the company are non-residents of Gibraltar or professional licensed Corporate Directors and/or Nominee Shareholders.
– That the company ONLY carries on business EXCLUSIVELY outside Gibraltar, does not establish a physical operational presence in this jurisdiction, and has no Gibraltar-source income.
– Taxation is abolished on dividends paid by one Gibraltar Company to another Gibraltar Company.
– Taxation is abolished on dividends and interest paid by a Gibraltar Non-Resident company.
– The requirement to withhold tax on dividends is abolished.
– There is no Capital Gains Tax or Inheritance Tax due in Gibraltar.
Gibraltar Non-Resident company – “Non-Resident Controlled”. In other words, the “non-resident control” or “non-liability” of a Gibraltar company for tax in Gibraltar, may be determined on the basis that the Directors and Shareholders of the company are non-residents of Gibraltar or Gibraltar-licensed Corporate Directors and/or Nominee Shareholders, and on the strict condition that the company ONLY carries on business EXCLUSIVELY outside Gibraltar.
So long as the Company is not expected to conduct any business with Gibraltar or Gibraltarians, you should rest assured that it will not be assessable for tax in Gibraltar.