Malta Company Formation
- Stable jurisdiction and great reputation.
- Time of Malta company formation takes 5 DAYS.
- Personal presence is not required.
- Popular company type:
- Private Limited Liability Company.
Tax Rates in Malta
Corporation Tax in Malta: 35% (6/7 or 5/7 tax refunds gives an effective rate of 5% or 10% for most companies)
Income Tax In Malta: 35%
VAT Tax in Malta: 18% (Reduced rates 5%, 7%)
Region: An archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast.
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Time Zone: GMT+1
Dial Code: +356
What we can do for your Company in Malta
- We do all paperwork on forming the company in Malta
- Formation is completely remote
- Can act as Secretary or Treasury
- Provide nominee Directors/Shareholders
- Assist with opening a bank account
- Registration for Taxes, VAT & EORI
- Develop a website for your business
- Create a logo of your brand
- Provide with full company administration services
- Arrange a mailing address for your business
- Arrange a virtual office for your company
- Telephone answering service
- Book keeping, audit & reporting
- Preparing and submitting VAT return
- Dealing with local authority
- Trademark registration
Malta Company Formation. Malta Private Limited Liability Company Registration
Main Characteristics and the basic rules of Company registration in Malta
Taking business operations to suitable overseas locations can be ideal but entrepreneurs need to choose a fitting country. If you want a suitable base for business expansion in the EU, Malta may be a good choice. It may be among smaller countries belonging to this region- but you should look into overall business prospects than sheer size. After the uncertainties triggered by Brexit, a number of entrepreneurs are opting for Malta for venture expansion needs. While this sounds good for your business needs, you may try out our Malta Company Formation services.
While corporate tax in Malta is 35% -this can effectively be brought down to as low as 7% by distributing all profits to a holding company. This holding company may be in places like Cyprus, or Gibraltar. Malta has entered into more than 70 double tax treaties. It has also set up numerous regimes for relief from the hassles of double taxation.
While the minimum share capital amount needed to start a business in Malta is approx €1,165- you need only one fifth of this amount to be kept in a bank account. This makes it easier to start up businesses in Malta compared to any other neighboring nations. Low social security amount and reduced limitations on business expenses also make business expansion in Malta smooth.
When you set up business in a new country or take existing business there, hiring the right employees is a prime need. The educated and multicultural workforce of Malta will be useful in this regard. You will not have much hardship in finding suitable, English speaking employees for your company. The stable economy of Malta which did not get much affected even during the 2008 recession acts as a major factor in attracting foreign business investments. While all these sound very nice for business expansion purposes, you should check out our Malta Company Formation services.
While companies belonging to diverse sectors have expanded operations to Malta- it is especially suited for those offering gaming related services. However, several financial service companies have also flourished in the country in the last few years.
Despite the pro- business environment in Malta, you may require assistance of veteran agencies for venture expansion in Malta. In this regard, you will not do wrong by seeking services of BRIS group, to know more on our Malta Company Formation services, give us a call today.
|Malta Company Formation||Financial Advantages|
|Taxation:||35% max (when dividends paid to shareholders 6/7th is refunded)|
|Double Taxation Treaty Access:||Yes Treaty Access with many countries|
|Malta Tax Information Exchange Agreements:||Yes, Malta signs Exchange Agreements|
|Account Filing Requirements:||Yes accounting / reporting requirements|
|Annual Return Filing Requirements:||Yes annual return/ reporting requirements|
|Audit Requirements:||Yes audit required.|
|Malta Company Formation||Registration Requirements|
|Share Capital:||EUR 1,165 Minimum paid up share capital EUR 1,165|
|Classes of Share Available for Malta company formation:||Shares with or without voting rights, registered shares, preference shares|
|Bearer Shares:||Not Allowed|
|Registered Office Required:||Yes required and must be maintained in Malta|
|Shareholders:||Minimum number is one|
|Directors:||Minimum number is one. Can be any nationality and need not be resident in Malta. Corporate directors are allowed.|
|Your Company language:||English|
|Name of your Company must be ended:||“Limited”/”Ltd”|
|Documents required for Malta company formation:||A certified copy of your passport or ID and proof of your residential address dated less than 3 months.|
|Malta Company Formation||Restrictions|
|For Malta company formation you cannot use words in your company names without justification:||“Bank”, “Trustee Company”, “Assurance”, “Building Society”, ”Trust Company”, “Royal” etc.|
|Restrictions on Trading:||None|
|Not permitted without a licence:||Fund management, insurance, Banking, reinsurance, assurance, trust management, collective investment schemes, trusteeship business provision.|
|Malta Company Formation||Confidentiality and Security|
|Publicly Accessible Records:||Yes, accessible|
|Nominee Shareholders and Nominee Directors:||Yes, Allowed|
|Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities:||No|
|Meetings of Directors and Shareholders to be held:||Anywhere|
|Stability:||Stable jurisdiction and great reputation.|
|Region:||An archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast.|
|Governing corporate legislation:||The Companies Act, 1995 as amended|
|Type of Law:||Civil|
|Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents:||English|
- An attractive taxation system -The amount of Malta tax refunds is set at 6/7 of the Malta tax paid by the Malta company.Example: If gross profits amount to €100,000, payable tax amount is €35,000 (35% corporation tax), however the shareholder would be entitled to claim back €30,000 – tax refunds. To be able to claim back 30% of the corporation tax, the shareholders of the Malta company must not be resident in Malta. The same time a company director can be a local person.
- Operational & office running costs are substantially lower than in other jurisdictions
- English is an official language but the workforce is international with a wide variety of languages being spoken
- Company law is based on English company law and conforms with EU directives
- Living costs are considerably lower than the main countries in central Europe
- The good climate and relaxed pace of life makes it an attractive location for expatriates and their families
This publication is provided for information purposes only. This info should not be treated as a substitute for a tax or legal consultation or legislation. You should not act on the basis of the information contained in this publication without having obtained individual advice from the professional expert.
BRIS GROUP does not assume responsibility for any damage resulting from decisions made by the reader on the basis of this publication.