Cook Islands Company Formation
- Stable jurisdiction and brilliant reputation
- Time of Cook Islands company formation takes 5 DAYS.
- Personal presence is required
Tax Rates in Cook Islands
Corporation Tax in Cook Islands: The resident company income tax is a flat rate of 20%. The non-resident company income tax is a flat rate of 28%
Income Tax in Cook Islands: Maximum rate of 30%
VAT Tax in Cook Islands: 15%
About Cook Islands
Country: Cook Islands
Language: English, Māori
Currency: NZ Dollar (NZD), Cook Islands dollar
Time Zones: GMT -10
Total Time Zones: 8 (with dependencies)
Dial Code: +682
What we can do for your Company in Cook Islands
- We do all paperwork on forming the company in Cook Islands
- Formation is completely remote
- Can act as Secretary or Treasury
- Provide nominee Directors/Shareholders
- Assist with opening a bank account
- Registration for Taxes, VAT & EORI
- Develop a website for your business
- Create a logo of your brand
- Provide with full company administration services
- Arrange a mailing address for your business
- Arrange a virtual office for your company
- Telephone answering service
- Book keeping, audit & reporting
- Preparing and submitting VAT return
- Dealing with local authority
- Trademark registration
Cook Islands Company Formation. Cook Islands Offshore Company.
Main Characteristics and the basic rules of Company registration in Cook Islands.
Cook Islands is located north-east of New Zealand in the South Pacific Ocean, right in between Fiji and French Polynesia. There are two distinct groups in the island – the Southern Cook Islands and the Northern Cook Islands. The islands are self-governing parliamentary democracy in free association with New Zealand. It was in the year 1981 that the Cooks Islands offshore industry was started and then starts the boom of Cook Islands Company Formation. There was a joint mission between the Cook Islands financial service industry and Cook Islands government.
If you are looking for international business expansion and company formation in a different country, there is no better option than Cook Islands for the same. This is because the islands have become a viable destination for business investors for the conditions are just right for business setup and expansion. Now, if you are one of those investors who are planning to open their new company in Cook Islands, we have good news for you. We are offering comprehensive Cook Islands Company Formation service. We will take care of all your offshore business formation requirements.
Mentioned below is the structure of the Cook Islands company formation:
- There is no need of holding annual general meetings
- There is need of minimum one director for company formation in Cook Islands
- The director can be one person or a corporate body. There is no hard and fast rule regarding the nationality of the individual. No local reference is needed.
- There are no legal obligations of filing the details of shareholders in the public registry in Cook Islands. This is applicable during the company incorporation as well as during the subsequent annual returns.
- There is no requirement of account filing or account audit until and unless the company has an offshore banking or insurance license.
- Requirements of minimal capital are nil.
- Redeemable shares and reference shares are allowed.
- There can be only one shareholder in the new company formation.
- International companies and international entities are exempted from all kinds of taxation in Cook Islands.
Starting a new company in Cook Islands might not be a very difficult task for you. However, you might feel the need of professional assistance at some point of time during Cook Islands company formation. It is right at this moment that BRIS Group will come to your help. We help with all legal formalities, paperwork and documentation related to company formation. Along with offering Certificate of Incorporation, we will also provide Memorandum and Articles of Association along with other important papers of the incorporation. You can endow the responsibility of Cook Islands company formation on us and be tension-free. Call us to know more on these.
|Cook Islands Company Formation||Financial Advantages|
|Double Taxation Treaty Access:||No Treaty Access|
|Cook Islands Tax Information Exchange Agreements:||Yes, Cook Islands signed Exchange Agreements|
|Account Filing Requirements:||No accounting / reporting requirements|
|Annual Return Filing Requirements:||No annual return/ reporting requirements|
|Audit Requirements:||No audit required.|
|Cook Islands Company Formation||Registration Requirements|
|Share Capital:||US$5,000. Minimum paid up share capital: US$1.|
|Classes of Share Available for Cook Islands company formation:||Shares with or without voting rights, redeemable shares, registered shares, preference shares, shares of no par value.|
|Bearer Shares:||Not Allowed|
|Registered Office Required:||Yes, required and must be maintained in Cook Islands|
|Shareholders:||Minimum number is one|
|Directors:||Minimum number is one. Can be any nationality and need not be resident in Cook Islands. Corporate directors are allowed.|
|Your Company language:||English|
|Name of your Company must be ended:||“Limited” or Ltd|
|Documents required for Cook Islands company formation:||A certified copy of your passport or ID and proof of your residential address dated less than 3 months.|
|Cook Islands Company Formation||Restrictions|
|For Cook Islands company formation you cannot use words in your company names without justification:||“Bank”, “Trustee Company”, “Assurance”, “Building Society”, ”Trust Company”, “Royal” etc.|
|Restrictions on Trading:||None|
|Not permitted without a licence:||Fund management, insurance, Banking, reinsurance, assurance, trust management, collective investment schemes, trusteeship business provision.|
|Cook Islands Company Formation||Confidentiality and Security|
|Publicly Accessible Records:||No public register of company officers (Directors, Shareholders, Secretary)|
|Nominee Shareholders and Nominee Directors:||Yes, Allowed.|
|Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities:||No.|
|Meetings of Directors and Shareholders to be held:||Anywhere.|
|Stability:||Secure jurisdiction and great reputation.|
|About Cook Islands|
|Region:||The Cook Islands are in the South Pacific Ocean, northeast of New Zealand, between French Polynesia and American Samoa.|
|Political System:||Parliamentary Democracy|
|Governing corporate legislation:||The International Companies Act 1981-1982, Limited Liability Company Act 2008.|
|Type of Law:||Common|
|Currency:||New Zealand Dollar (NZD)|
|Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents:||English|
- Exemption from all local taxes and stamp duty
- There are significant penalties for breach of confidentiality provisions.
- Exceptions to privacy exist in cases of serious criminal activity.
- High level of asset security protection
- Ease of operation, maintenance and control
- No disclosure or minimum capital requirements
- Excellent and flexible post-incorporation follow-up services
This publication is provided for information purposes only. This info should not be treated as a substitute for a tax or legal consultation or legislation. You should not act on the basis of the information contained in this publication without having obtained individual advice from the professional expert.
BRIS GROUP does not assume responsibility for any damage resulting from decisions made by the reader on the basis of this publication.